Welcome to Propel Appointments! We're happy to have you with us.
Here are the steps to setting up Propel Appointments so you can begin taking appointments on your Shopify store.
Step 1: Choose your business hours
- Click on Business Hours in the left side menu.
- Adjust your business hours as desired. You can create additional hour ranges for a single day using the + icon in the same row as the day you'd like to create the hour range for.
- Create any overrides to your weekly business hours. Overrides can be used for vacations, holidays and any other changes to your normal business hours. You can create overrides by clicking the + icon to the right of the text Business hour overrides.
- For example, to create an override to close your business over Christmas, you could create an override covering the date ranges Dec 23rd to Dec 27th with no hour ranges set. Shoppers would then see no time slots available for booking for the period Dec 23rd to Dec 27th.
- Click Save.
Step 2: Choose a product to make available for booking via appointment
- Click on Products in the left side menu.
- Click Create new product.
- A popup will appear with a search field. Enter the name of the product you'd like to set up for appointments in the search field. Once found, click the Select button beside your desired product.
- You can now adjust appointment settings for your product including:
- Whether to customize settings for the product at the variant level. This will allow you to specify different durations, locations and more for each variant. If your product has multiple variants and each variant is a different duration of appointment, you will need to enable this option.
- Duration of the appointment.
- Whether the product needs lead time or lag time (and how much.) Lead time is preparation time before an appointment and lag time is cleanup time after an appointment. Customers will not be able to book an appointment during another appointment's lead time or lag time.
- Appointment notes
- Start time increments. This controls the increments for the available start times. 10 minutes results in 9:00, 9:10, 9:20, etc. One hour would result in 9:00, 10:00, 11:00, etc.
- How far in to the future customers can book appointments.
- Cutoff time for booking appointments. A cutoff time is the latest time before an appointment that customers are able to book. A cutoff time of 24 hours means customers will only be able to book time slots at least 24 hours in advance.
- Click Save.
Step 3: Enable Propel Appointments in your theme
- Click on Installation in the left side menu.
- Choose the theme you want to activate Propel Appointments in from the dropdown.
- Click Enable or disable in theme customizer. This will open your chosen theme's customizer in a new tab.
- Propel Appointments will be automatically enabled when the tab loads. Click Save in the theme customizer.
- Close the tab and return to Propel Appointments.
Step 4: Test Propel Appointments
- On your storefront, visit the product page of the product you set up for appointments.
- Confirm the Book Now or Schedule a Time button is appearing instead of Add to Cart.
- Click the button to ensure the booking popup appears.
- Try selecting a time slot and adding it to cart.
- (Optional) Try completing checkout with an appointment in the cart and confirm your booking comes through as desired. You should now see your booking in the Booking section of the app.
Congratulations! You're all set up. We suggest taking a moment to customize your email templates and the language used in your booking popup. Both sections are located under Settings in the main menu of the app.